A Broken Food System and some Simple Solutions

Garden-med
It is pro­jected that by the end of the cen­tury there will be close to 9 bil­lion mouths to feed. Our Mother Earth will need to pro­duce an aston­ish­ing amount of food to keep up with this demand. Unfor­tu­nately, there is also a grow­ing con­cern for food waste.   Accord­ing to The Research Pro­gram on Cli­mate […] Continue reading →

Yucky-Yummy Earth Worms

Gummy Worms
For a fun Earth Day recipe to make at home, try these Yucky-Yummy “Earth Worms” in Dirt! We rec­om­mend using “Yummy Earth” gummy worms that con­tain no arti­fi­cial col­ors or fla­vors and are made with real fruit juices. For the dirt, we used an all-natural choco­late cream sand­wich cookie. We rec­om­mend a brand sim­i­lar to “Back […] Continue reading →

Celebrate Earth Month

applescaramel
There is a fine line between the health of the Earth and our own health. Since mother Earth pro­vides us with the fresh foods we need for nour­ish­ment, we will cel­e­brate Her this month by focus­ing on nature’s bounty.  At WT Café, we will also cel­e­brate YOU this month, and all the ways your school […] Continue reading →

Ginger Pear Mini Drop Scones with Brown Butter

SONY DSC
Ingre­di­ents 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour 1 cup of oats, finely ground in a food proces­sor ½ cup all-purpose flour ½ cup turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw) 2 tsp bak­ing pow­der ½ tsp bak­ing soda ½ tsp kosher salt 1 tsp ground gin­ger 1 stick of unsalted but­ter 1 cup of pear, peeled, cored, finely diced […] Continue reading →

Healthy Baking Tips

baking tips
As we develop recipes for our sig­na­ture line of baked goods, WT Cre­ations, we always keep nutri­tional value in mind. Over the years we have learned many great tips to max­i­mize nutri­tion. These are our Top 3 favorite ways to make sweet treats health­ier with­out sac­ri­fic­ing the fla­vor:   Use whole wheat flour when­ever pos­si­ble. […] Continue reading →

The Dirty Dozen

q&a
After post­ing the Envi­ron­men­tal Work­ing Group’s offi­cial “Dirty Dozen and Clean 15 List of 2013”  On Face­book recently, we received some great ques­tions. We thought this was good infor­ma­tion for every­one to have, so we’ve included your ques­tions and our answers below:   Q: We shouldn’t be eat­ing those ‘dirty dozen’? That’s a lot of […] Continue reading →

Food Labeling 101: Don’t be Fooled by the “Health Halo”

Parents112006-05-010.jpg
Did you know that “organic,” “all-natural,” and “low-fat” labels are becom­ing increas­ingly com­mon in processed food pack­ag­ing? The demand for these allegedly health­ier foods is at an all time high and they often come at a pre­mium price. But beware, this “healthy” label­ing does not always trans­late to nutri­tious food.   The “Health Halo” effect, also […] Continue reading →

Join the Movement

blog-wtcountry
  We cre­ated our con­cept in 2007 because we were frus­trated with the sad state of school lunches avail­able to our own chil­dren. We soon learned we were not alone.  With the sup­port of par­ents and teach­ers like you, we started a food rev­o­lu­tion that is now a national move­ment. Today, we have over 20 […] Continue reading →

Paul Wolbert is the New COO of Wholesome Tummies

Fran­chise and Food Indus­try Vet­eran Joins Whole­some Tum­mies Team (Orlando, Fla.)—Wholesome Tum­mies is pleased to announce fran­chise indus­try vet­eran Paul C. Wol­bert as the company’s new chief oper­at­ing offi­cer (COO). Wol­bert has spent the past year work­ing with the com­pany as a strate­gic advi­sor and will now come on board full-time to help drive growth.             […] Continue reading →

Sticking to your New Year’s Resolutions: Month 2

Organized Freezer
Accord­ing to Forbes, only 8% of peo­ple achieve their New Year’s res­o­lu­tions! We won­dered, what hap­pens to the other 92% of peo­ple? How many of those set out to have a health­ier year and what does it mean for the health of the nation when only a frac­tion of those who set health goals can […] Continue reading →
Page 1 of 13123456»10...Last »