Now you can capture the essence of summer and share it with your family throughout the rest of the year with this simple blueberry jam recipe! And don’t worry about special canning procedures or bulky equipment. This recipe can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a month, and in the freezer for up to six months!
- 4 cups blueberries
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Put a plate in the freezer.
- With a potato masher or spoon, crush 1 cup berries in a medium heavy-bottom nonreactive saucepan.
- Add remaining 3 cups berries and 1/2 cup water; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to break up berries, until berries are soft. About 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread sugar out on a rimmed baking sheet. Heat in oven until warm. About 5 minutes.
- Slowly stir sugar into saucepan; return mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook at a slow boil until thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- To test for doneness, drop a small amount of jam onto the chilled plate; it should wrinkle when pressed with your finger.
- Enjoy with Whole Wheat toast!