If you prefer a healthier Halloween treat to serve at home, there are creative ways to serve fruit that is also fun. The whole family can join in and help make these spooky Boonana Ghosts!
These Banana & Coconut ghost sticks are a great alternative to sugar loaded popsicles. They are also super easy to make, just pop them in the freezer and they are set to go! We love bananas because they are the perfect energy filled snack. They are packed with vitamins and minerals that help the body maintain levels of energy during physical activity.
Yields - 4 BOOnana pops
- 2 large bananas
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut - Spread out on a cookie sheet tray
- ½ cup of cold orange juice
- Chocolate chips - for ghost eyes
- Raisins - for ghost mouths
- Several popsicle sticks
- Peel bananas and cut in half. Stick a popsicle stick starting on the flat end of the banana 2 inches up. Freeze bananas on a wax paper lined sheet tray.
- Once frozen, remove bananas from the freezer and brush them with ice cold orange juice. Immediately roll them on the shredded coconut.
- Stick chocolate chips on to the face area for eyes by pressing firmly.
- Stick a raisin to mouth area.
- Now you have BOOnanas to enjoy!