Pumpkin is not just for pumpkin pie anymore! Enjoy this delicious recipe with your family and fill your kitchen with the rich aroma of freshly baked bread. Perfect for breakfast with a dollop of cream cheese spread... yum!
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8 1/2" by 4 1/2" metal loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, combine brown sugar and egg whites. Add pumpkin, oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract; stir to combine.
- In medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert pumpkin bread onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Serve warm with a glass of milk!