Summer may be over, but it’s still awfully hot out there! The last thing anybody wants to do it to crank up those ovens and turn their kitchen into a cauldron. Why not keep the kids happy with healthy and delicious granola bars that are ready in no time at all – all without using your oven? What’s more, they are packed with protein and all natural sugars that are perfect for an afternoon snack!
Toss out those prepackaged bars with 20 something ingredients, preservatives and artificial junk because these no-bake bars only have 7 simple ingredients and are packed with 6.7g of protein!
- 1 ½ cup toasted oats
- ½ toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup crunchy sunbutter
- 2 TBS honey (or brown rice syrup)
- ½ cup dates
- ¼ cup warm water
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Using a large stove top pan, toast the oats until a rich, nutty aroma begins to emit from them. Place in a medium mixing bowl, set aside. Do the same for the pumpkin seeds. Toss salt into these two dry ingredients.
- Place dates, warm water, sunbutter, and honey into a blender and blend until the mixture turns into a chunky puree.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and using clean hands or a spatula; begin mixing until all dry ingredients become moistened with wet mixture.
- Pour granola mixture into a square 8x8 baking dish or Tupperware container that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Here is the fun part: using hands, press down on mixture until it gets tightly compacted into 8x8 dish.
- Put dish inside the refrigerator and chill for about 30 minutes. Once chilled, turn granola over onto a cutting board, you should now have a square bar that can be cut into 8 1-inch portions.
This recipe is gluten-free and nut-free.
Calories per serving: 198
Total fat: 8.2g